Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Light Bulb Burneth Bright

Last night I had one of those AHA! moments. The kind that sent me careening out of bed and running to the table for my notebook. Much to the dismay of my cats who were quite comfy on the bed.

I realized that the reason I wasn't getting anywhere with my story was that it needed a boost. I couldn't pin down the right path for my girl because she needed more excitement, she needed me to up the anty for her.

There have been two stories running in my head and I had always viewed them separately but last night it came bounding home to me that those stories shouldn't be two separate stories but one single story. My girl needed the discipline of the men I had in mind for my crime fiction and my crime fiction needed the surprise elements I had in mind for my fantasy.

So wa-la a merging of both worlds. I went to bed the happiest I've been with my story in weeks. All the pieces seem to have finally come together and now I feel like I am heading down the right path. Yippie!!

Well holy smokes and pass the ammunition! My light bulb finally burneth bright! :)

Keep writing!!

1 comment: